Moderated by the incomparable iulia_linnea
, it's time for the Harry Potter Random Facts Fest
I decided to do Scorpius. Let's face it, the poor kid needs some love. Half of fandom's already pegged him as a Slytherin bully who hates everything Potter. No, no, no! Title:
20 Random Facts about Scorpius MalfoyAuthor: libby_drewRating:
All characters from the Harry Potter universe are the property of J.K. Rowling and those to whom she has licensed her creations, including without limitation Bloomsbury Books, Scholastic Books, Raincoat Books, and Warner Bros., Inc. No copyright infringement is intended.Author's Note(s):
Written for the Harry Potter Random Facts Fest20 Random Facts about Scorpius Malfoy.
1. His father's father, Lucius, dies before he is born. The name Lucius Malfoy is never spoken in his house. When he's five, Scorpius asks for a picture of his grandfather, but he's told they were all lost in the war.
2. Before he leaves for Hogwarts, his father warns him about Albus and James. "Beware the Potters," he says. "They steal everything you have and make it their own." His mother kisses him on the cheek and adds under her breath, "He doesn't mean your books and parchment, darling."
3. He has a secret love of old Muggle films – particularly mysteries. Puzzles intrigue him, and his deepest wish as a young boy was to grow up to be Sherlock Holmes.
4. His father tells him he belongs in Slytherin. His mother tells him he belongs in Gryffindor. Scorpius begs the Hat to put him in Ravenclaw, and the Hat agrees.
5. Hogwarts speaks to him. It tells him stories and secrets. Some of them are about his father, some are about Harry Potter. Sometimes it shows him things that happened a thousand years ago. He doesn't tell anyone that he talks to the castle – or that the castle talks back.
6. Quidditch cements his friendship with Albus Severus Potter. Scorpius is a better player than his father was. Albus lacks his
father's natural talent. What they both want most is to be remembered for themselves instead of other people.
7. He doesn't need a magic map to know where people are in the castle. He can touch any stone of the ancient structure and just…know.
8. His parents love each other, but sometimes when they fight, Scorpius hears them yelling about Albus' father.
9. In his third year at Hogwarts, the castle tells him he's a Parselmouth and teaches him about the Chamber of Secrets. He goes there when he wants to be alone.
10. Some of the other kids call him a Dark wizard. It bothers his father more than it bothers him.
11. When he's thirteen, Albus shows him the Room of Requirement. When Scorpius wishes for the room to be filled with books instead of sweets, Albus calls him an idiot. Then he kisses him.
12. He's deadly allergic to pumpkin juice. A Slytherin prank almost kills him.
13. He loves books, hates brewing potions, tolerates Charms, and excels at Transfigurations. By the time he's fourteen, he's already an Animagus.
14. In his fourth year at Hogwarts, he jumps in front of a curse meant for James Potter. The Slytherin who casts it is expelled, and Scorpius spends two weeks in the hospital wing. Albus never leaves his side.
15. Sometimes he wishes he wasn't a Malfoy. He'd like to walk through the common room without everyone staring at him.
16. During the summer of his fourteenth year, his parents divorce. Upset and lonely, he owls Albus to share the news. Albus' return owl reads, "So did mine."
17. He scores five Outstandings on his O.W.L.s – one in Potions, of all things.
18. In his fifth year at Hogwarts, he realizes he's in love with his best friend. He wishes he could talk to someone about it, but there's nobody he trusts.
19. On Halloween night in his sixth year, he runs away. He makes it as far as the train station in Hogsmeade before James and Lily Potter track him down and convince him to return.
20. Impulsively, he confides in his grandmother about his feelings for Albus. Narcissa sighs and mumbles that some things never change.
Now...anyone wanna make some fic out of that?